100 Boyd Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914
Open 7 Days until Midnight
24/7 for online bookings
Soak up some sun.
No schedules, no regimen - just you! Norwegian Sun was built specifically for Freestyle Cruising, so whether you want to rejuvenate at the Body Waves Spa, hang with friends at the Sun Club Casino or simply do nothing at all - we've got you covered. Eat somewhere different every night, read a book. Hey, read 10 books. And enjoy your vacation to Alaska, Hawaii or the Caribbean, with the freedom to whatever.
Norwegian Sun Highlights
- Decisions. Decisions. You've got a world of choice with gourmet French, authentic Italian, Spanish tapas, sushi, Asian Fusion, good old all-American, and more.
- Let the sun in. All of her suites and penthouses feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors with private balcony.
- Water, water everywhere. Splash into one of two main pools, one kids pool or five hot tubs.
Norwegian Sun Facts
Date Launched: 09/10/2001
Gross Tons: 77104.0
Length (ft.): 853
Beam (ft.): 108
Stability Rating: Excellent
Dinner Seatings: 1
Cuisine: Continental and International
Dress Code: Resort Casual
Room Service: Yes
Tipping: $10 per person per day automatically added to shipboard account, 15% automatically added to bar checks
Outdoor Pools: 3
Indoor Pools: 0
Fitness Center: Yes
Beauty Salon: Yes
Child Program: Yes
Self-service Laundry: No
Outside Doubles: 706
Inside Doubles: 295
Singles Cabins: 0
Singles Surcharge: 150-200%
Verandah Cabins: 430
Whether you're looking for a Low, Medium, or High adrenaline pumping cruise, your search has come to the right place. If you're interested in spending your days being pampered from head to toe, you'll find refuge in our Full Service Beauty Salon and Spa. If you can't seem to resist from checking your emails or surfing the web, you'll be able to click away in our cozy Internet Cafe.
- Variety of daily activities led by cruise staff
- Port & shopping lectures and shore excursions
- Galleria Shops and shopping arcade for duty-free shopping, jewelry, souvenirs and logo items
- Photo Gallery and Photo Shop for cruise photos, film and developing
- 2 outdoor swimming pools and 4 whirlpools for total relaxation
- 1 children's pool and children's whirlpool
- Deck sports include basketball, golf driving range, batting cage, shuffleboard, jogging
- Body Waves Spa includes extensive fitness center, full service spa, aerobics, sauna & steam rooms and beauty parlor
- Victoria Conference Center has meeting space which can be divided into three rooms
- Library for quiet reading
- Internet Cafe allows guests to go online while at sea
- Kid's Korner with supervised youth counselors and Kid's Crew children's program for 3 age groups
- The Club is teen center by day & disco by night
The choice is yours. With Freestyle Cruising, you travel a world of dining options all in one week. From elegant French bistros and Italian trattorias to sushi and tapas bars, and more, there?s a different dining option for almost every night of your cruise. With up to 9 different restaurants, each featuring a diverse an ever-changing menu, you?ll always find exactly what you?re in the mood for. And there are no fixed seatings. Imagine restaurants open from 5:30 pm to midnight so that you can choose from an early dinner before the show or a later romantic dinner for the two of you. And of course there?s always the option of 24-hour room service. You?re free to dine where, when and with whom you choose. Just as it should be on your vacation.
- Four Seasons, Seven Seas and Horizons dining rooms serve sit-down breakfast, lunch and dinner
- The Great Outdoor Cafe offers informal breakfast, lunch and snacks with indoor and outdoor seating
- Intimate Le Bistro offering delicious French Mediterranean cuisine, table-side cooking
- Healthy Living Restaurant offers calorie-wise selections and guilt free entrees
- Garden Cafe is indoor snack facility serving breakfast/luncheon buffets and snacks, food action stations during lunch offer paella, sushi, crepes, meat and fish carvings, and Chinese noodle soups
- Pacific Rim Dining Complex offers California/Hawaii/Asian Fusion menu with sushi bar and Teppanyaki Room
As the sun sets and the little ones are sound asleep, the dynamic entertainment opportunities are just getting started for the adults. If you're looking for that perfect Lounge atmosphere, you're guaranteed to find exactly what you're looking for if not better. In the need for a little risk taking? You'll enjoy testing your luck in the Monte Carlo Casino where you'll find plenty of games to try to strike at rich on.
- Stardust Lounge is a two-story show lounge with proscenium stage and full production shows
- Checkers Cabaret has the longest cabaret bar at sea; offers live music and dancing and also functions as a disco
- Sports Bar features multiple televisions with videotaped and live broadcasts of sports events, serving snacks, also has juice bar with power and protein drinks
- Champs Bar has outside tables overlooking the pool area, serves cocktails
- Full service Monte Carlo Casino has blackjack, roulette, craps, Caribbean stud poker, slot machines
- Churchill's Cigar Club offers hand-rolled premium cigars, humidor, fine cognac served in warm glasses, malt whiskey and relaxed seating
- Windjammer Bar has piano music and special martini menu
- Atrium Bar with piano music and large glass windows, offers caviar, pate foie gras, champagne and premium vodkas
- Topsiders Bar is the longest poolside bar at sea with stools and outdoor tables