100 Boyd Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914
Open 7 Days until Midnight
24/7 for online bookings
Named for the Maas River in The Netherlands, the ms Maasdam is the fifth ship in Holland America Line's more than 130-year history to bear the name. At 720-feet, the ms Maasdam is designed to carry fewer guests while providing more space for maximum comfort. Many staterooms feature commanding ocean views, and each suite has a private verandah.
Featuring an interior motif that pays homage to the historical Dutch East and West India companies of the 17th through 19th centuries, the centerpiece of this elegant ship features Luciano Vistosi's "Totem," a monumental sculpture using nearly 2,000 glimmering pieces of glass, prominently displayed in a soaring three-story atrium. Other intriguing art featured on the ms Maasdam are two abstract murals painted especially for the Rotterdam Dining Room and a collection of seven iron teapots and a charcoal brazier from Japan, which date from the end of Edo period.
Gross Tonnage: 55,451 grt.(One registered ton equals 100 cubic feet)
Length: 720 feet
Beam: 101 feet
Maximum speed: 22 knots (maximum)
Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
Passenger capacity: 1,258
Dedicated: December, 1993 by actress June Allyson
For rejuvenation thru exercise, Holland America's Maasdam cruise ship spa offer fitness classes to help you achieve optimum health and vitality. Yoga, Pilates, spinning, aquarobics and cardio Ki-Bo circuit training are available for students of all levels.
Take advantage of treadmills, stationary bikes, stairsteppers, rowing machines, weights and weight machines. And while you're working out, refresh your soul with soothing panoramic views of the ocean.
- 2 Outdoor swimming pools (one with a sliding glass roof)
- Health spa, includes massage, sauna and steam treatments
- Duty free shops
- Beauty parlor
- Deck sports
- Big Apple children's game room. A great place for guests 5 through 17 to gather. A full time youth coordinator is on duty throughout the cruise to supervise activities for all ages
- Ocean Spa fitness center equipped with Stairmasters, treadmills, bicycles and free weights. Aerobic classes are also available
With more than 500 different food items on a typical 7-day cruise, Holland America Maasdam offers the most extensive menus at sea. Enjoy modern Continental cuisine, regional specialties appropriate to each cruising area and traditional favorites. Our chefs are all members of the prestigious Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs gourmet society.
- Each evening as the dinner hour approaches, the melodious call of the chime master invites guests to the main Dining Room where another incredible experience awaits. Servers greet guests and present menus of sumptuous five-course selections, from appetizers and drinks to entrees and dessert, while a quartet plays soft dinner music. Savor seared sea scallops, filet mignon topped with crab and Hollandaise, and wines rated "excellent" by The Wine Spectator. Fresh herbs and imaginative combinations make lighter fare an equally tempting choice. We gladly offer a kosher menu and can easily meet special dietary needs upon request
- The Lido Restaurant - with its pool and terrace on one side and the ocean all around - is the hallmark of every Holland America ship. In fact, our Lido Restaurant was the first of its kind in the cruise industry, and although many have imitated the concept, there is no match for our extensive menu, such as carved meats, fresh seafood, fruits and vegetables, pastas and salads. And as always, impeccable service provided by our attentive, yet unobtrusive staff, is never far away.
- The Pinnacle Grill* offers a level of elegant sophistication unmatched anywhere on the seven seas. Guests who dine at the intimate, reservations-only Pinnacle Grill will enjoy candlelight and fine decor, creating a romantic ambiance that sets the stage for fresh dishes and select wines. Creative and innovative menus, drawing from regional ingredients of the highest quality, will delight the palate and ignite the senses. Choose your own cut of aged Sterling Silver Beef from the display tray.
Aboard the Holland America's Maasdam, you can enjoy the latest in Las Vegas style gaming in our friendly casinos.
There is something for everyone in our onboard casino, so come try your luck - you could walk away a big winner! The casino offers a wide range of slots, from nickels to five-dollar machines, including video poker and the Megacash jackpot, the biggest progressive jackpot on the seven seas linked to over 50 cruise ships worldwide.
Table games include favorites such as Blackjack and Craps as well as the latest games of Fun 21 and Three Card Poker. You can join in the fun of a slot tournament and Blackjack championship to win a huge cash prize!
Our friendly dealers provide complimentary gaming lessons for novices, and credit lines for high rollers can be established prior to cruising. Ocean Players Club Logo Players can join the Ocean Players Club to be eligible to receive complimentary beverages and other benefits.
- The Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine magazine, is the setting for gourmet cooking demonstrations and interactive classes
- Explorations Cafe, powered by The New York Times, features the largest library at sea, as well as comfortable music listening stations and Internet access
- $2 million collection of art and artifacts
- The Rembrandt Show Lounge features Las Vegas-style productions, talented vocalists, illusionists, comedians and variety acts
- The Crow's Nest, where sweeping views make this observation lounge a top choice for relaxing during the day, and in the evening transforms into a hip, fashionable nightclub features top-notch DJs and great bands
- Club HAL, dedicated youth facilities and activities for kids ages 3 to 12
- The Loft for teens, new areas designed exclusively for teens (ages 13-17) to have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age
- 249-seat Wajang Theater is used for lectures, meetings and religious services, as well as current films. Enjoy hot freshed popcorn at the movie matinees, free of charge
- Half Moon and Hudson Room seating a total of 150 - adjoin the theater and also may be used for meetings and private parties, as well as scheduled activities
- Atrium: Like a vertical constellation, the columnar glass sculpture in the ms Maasdam's atrium twinkles and sparkles in an intrguing play of light. View it from all sides as you descend the grand spiral staircase.